Sunday, February 28, 2016

Unction

My family joined me for Mass this morning. My sister is always asking me if I've been to church, so last week I asked her if she wanted to come too. Then my mom came too. My niece was very well behaved through Mass. I think she's going to be a quiet one like the rest of us. I've only heard her cry once or twice, and she never screams. Alongside her cousin of the same age, it is like night and day. 

After Mass they joined as I received the anointing of the sick. This was the first time I've received this sacrament. Father placed his hands on my head and prayed for healing. Then he anointed my forehead and palms. Then we prayed the Our Father and received a blessing. It was a grace-filled moment for me. 

My surgery on Tuesday is not going to be anything major. They are removing more of my parotid gland. I'll be in the hospital overnight.

I mainly requested the sacrament because I don't want it to come back. With each surgery is the risk of damaging a nerve that would leave one side of my face paralyzed. I already lost sensation in my earlobe from the last surgery, but that was predicted. 

Later on I had lunch with my dad and his friends at Elmer's. I had a fried pork chop with black eyed peas, dressing, and Mac and cheese. 

The heat has gone out at my apartment so I borrowed a heater from my dad afterward. The ride following him down Hwy 199 was so beautiful. Dad is planting some dawn redwoods and bald cypresses I picked out for him last week to go along his pond. 

Later I did major cleaning at my apartment and shampooed carpets. I'll be moving in the master bedroom for my last few months there. 

I took some macro photos in the arboretum this afternoon. I'll post some tomorrow if I get the chance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment