Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Better Now

I awoke this morning feeling really good and rested, almost as if nothing happened. My clothes and sheets were drenched, perhaps from whenever my fever broke. The last I remembered last night was violent chills and delirious thoughts in the midst of my virus. Today, it was all gone. I called Dad to tell him I would come in to work at lunch. I washed my bed linens and clothes. I took a shower and disinfected the bathroom. I happened to have weighed myself yesterday morning, so I weighed myself again this morning to see what had changed. I lost six pounds. And I felt, it, too. I was ravenously hungry, and I gulped down a liter or more of water. And now, I'm at work again, happy to be back. I was stir-crazy in my room yesterday.

I had hoped to go to Mass for Candlemas and St. Blaise. Next year, hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment