Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Cousin Sue

My cousin Sue died last night after a long battle with an infection. I believe I wrote about my Uncle Charlie in a blog post before. She was his daughter, my mom's first cousin. Four years ago she had a heart transplant, and I believe her infection was related to that somehow. In any case, how priceless those four extra years were with her grandchildren - otherwise the youngest of them might not have known her at all.

Family gathering a few years ago; Sue on far left.
Sue was a part of all my childhood memories at my great-grandmother's house. I'll never forget her distinctive voice, deep and raspy, yet soft, feminine, very Southern. In addition to being a homemaker, she loved gospel music and was very active in a Baptist church.

Requiem aeternam dona ei Domine, et lux perpetua luceat ei.

No comments:

Post a Comment