Saturday, March 5, 2016

Aloe variegata

I did some more repotting this morning. I'm already about half way through the bale of compressed potting soil I bought two weeks ago. The alpine strawberries are settling in. I planted some nasturtium seeds today. In the back of the greenhouse I noticed my succulents thriving, without any water or protection from cold all winter. (I've read that water in winter is more often the cause of death for them than cold itself. I've adopted the policy of giving them no water whatsoever.) The Aloe variegata appears to have been in bloom for a few weeks now. I bought this plant back when I worked at the nursery and it has survived with almost total neglect other than a few repottings. But then again, succulents are often killed by being cared for too much. 


No comments:

Post a Comment