Thursday, April 26, 2018

My Dog Has Fleas

I don't know if I've ever introduced Luc on this blog. Luc Ulele, that is, my ukulele. Yesterday I changed his strings and recorded before and after. I played everyone's first ukulele song, "My Dog Has Fleas".


This is before restringing. These are the original Aquila Nylgut strings that came with the ukulele. They're about 12 years old and still are doing fine.


This is after the restringing. I added the new technology from Aquila, called Super Nylgut.

Honestly, I can't tell much difference in how they sound. Maybe the Super Nylgut sound a little mellower/richer. The Super Nylgut strings are stiffer and less elastic. They also have a harder, glossier finish. Apparently these qualities improve playing, durability, and keep the strings in tune longer. 24 hours in, and the strings still need to be retuned every time I play. Hopefully they'll stabilize soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment