Wednesday, April 11, 2018

InfraRed Scenes

Last week I wrote about my afternoon adventure taking photos in infrared. I got the preliminary scans back today. They are the cheapest scans, and sloppy in some ways, so I'll have to wait until the negatives arrive to scan them better myself. In the meantime I was happy with a lot of what I saw already.

Springvilla

Springvilla, with a lot of lens flare. The lens I used is almost 70 years old, though, and I was shooting into the sun. Note how ghostly the American flag looks.

This is what I look like in infrared. Taken at Chewacla.

Creek at Chewacla

A familiar scene in Chewacla, a large projecting rock. Here it appears dark among bright foliage. In visible light it is bright among dark green foliage.

Another Chewacla scene.

Chewacla again.

This is Wauxamaka Creek, near my uncle's barn. Taken the next morning.

Wauxamaka Creek.

This is the end of Wauxamaka Creek, where it flows into the Euphabee Creek.
All photos were taken on Ilford SFX 200 film with a Hoya R72 infrared filter.

No comments:

Post a Comment