Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Another Roll of Provia

I received back a roll of Provia 100F film I shot in October, the week of my trip to Indiana. I scanned it in myself and there were some differences between my scans and the film lab's. In other news, I had three daffodils bloom this week: N. jonquilla var. henriquesii, 'Sweetness', and 'Stella', a historic daffodil I'm growing for the first time. Photos are already sent to the lab and should be back next week.

Part of the Civil War armory in Tallassee 
Tallapoosa River in Tallassee



Alabama Highway 14 crossing the Tallapoosa River in Tallassee

Cemetery at the Oratory of Ss. Philomena and Cecilia in Brookville, Indiana

View from Ruffner Mountain in Birmingham, taken on my way up to Indiana

Another view from Ruffner Mountain. The lighting was gorgeous that evening.

Some asters and vegetation at Ruffner Mountain

My harpsichord

This was the film lab's scan of the same photo above. They tweaked the color, perhaps to make it daylight-balanced, resulting in a green wall (it's actually a white wall). My scan is more faithful to the original, which was taken in incandescent lighting, but I kind of like the green too.

Pitcher plants at sunset.

My dad's dog Fancy

Fancy

No comments:

Post a Comment