Friday, October 20, 2017

First medium format photos

I got my first rolls of film back yesterday. First are ones I took on my grandfather's Brownie Hawkeye camera with Kodak Portra 400 film.

Double exposure, woods along my uncle's pasture.

I took this scene with my digital camera a few weeks ago, trying to imitate medium format. Here is real medium format for comparison (though this one is at f/16).

Afternoon hike in Chewacla

Some rocks in Chewacla

My niece and her cat Bailey
Some photos from my pinhole camera. This was before I knew about reciprocity failure so they turned out really dark. Shot with Kodak T-Max 400.

My dad's bulldozer

The big creek (Same creek as Chewacla Creek, only 20-40 miles downstream)

Nunn-Winston House at Kiesel Park 
Nunn-Winston House


Finally, some of the photos from old film found inside the Brownie camera, from the mid-60s. These were the most shocking of all. I never thought they would have turned out. Shot on Kodak Kodacolor.

My great grandmother at her house. She loved to garden. I like her daylilies.

My grandfather with my mom (left) and aunt. He died one or two years after this.

Granny with Aunt Dot, my grandmother's sister. She was always a lot of fun to be around. I like Granny's lilies. This must have been early summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment