Monday, August 7, 2017

Still a believer in blogs...

What in the world has happened today to blogs? There are many great ones still out there, especially blogs about specialized subjects. Personal blogs, not so much. I'm still a believer in the personal blog, though. I like that, unlike most social media these days, blogs are uncurated. When I go to a blog, I see all the content, in reverse chronological order. The blogosphere is more like a library, where I go and see an endless array of books, and none have any prominence over the others, and no one tells me which ones to read unless I ask them. 

I'm still a little torn between Blogger and tumblr. I like Blogger better for writing, and tumblr better for posting photos. Blogger is more intimate, whereas tumblr is more open. I may begin using my tumblr (subtectummeum) more for photos.

I hope others continue to use their blogs, or begin again. I like them. And thanks to those who read mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment