Friday, August 18, 2017

Filter Effects

Recently I bought some color filters to use with my film camera. Though they're designed mostly for use with black and white film, I also tried them on my Canon digital camera. Here's some photos I took, in the area around where I work:

First, an illustration of what these filters do.

This is taken with a deep blue (#47b) filter. Notice the dark stripes on the American flag.

This is taken with a deep red (#29) filter. Note the stripes this time.

This is stacking the deep blue over the deep red filter. Since this blocks out most visible light, I believe this photo shows the extent to which my camera is sensitive to infrared light. Notice the koozie next to the lamp, how light it is, whereas in visible light it is black. Also notice the flag, how the internal seams between stripes seems to be apparent. 
My uncle's shed with the deep blue filter. Landscapes with the deep blue filter look somber to me.

The same scene with both filters stacked, showing infrared light. Foliage appears bright in infrared.

The Euphabee Creek in deep red.

Forklift, deep blue

Forklift, deep red
A series of photos with a deep blue filter:




Finally, a composite photo: the deep red + green field + deep blue filter


No comments:

Post a Comment