Friday, December 15, 2017

'Wintersun'

As I mentioned previously, the first daffodils of the season came on November 29 for me. The cultivar was 'Wintersun', a paperwhite-like narcissus. I had them in the ground last year, but I dug them in spring and kept the bulbs in a basement over summer. When I potted them up in October they bloomed within weeks. I gave the same treatment to another paperwhite, 'Nir', and they haven't bloomed yet. They might bloom in January.

I took some photos this year on film:

Narcissus 'Wintersun' (Kodak Ektar 100 film)

Narcissus 'Wintersun' (Kodak Ektar 100 film)

Narcissus 'Wintersun' (Kodak Portra 160 film)
At first I'd say the film looks lovely but didn't capture the colors very faithfully. The closest color match is the middle one with the blue background. However, this may be due to the color correction the film lab applied when scanning the photo. I'll have to wait and see what the negatives look like when I get them back. For comparison, this is a photo I took of 'Wintersun' last year that gives an accurate portrayal of the colors:

Narcissus 'Wintersun' (Canon 5D MkII)

No comments:

Post a Comment