Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Iron Bowl 2017

When I got my Hasselblad camera I read some sites that said never to use the camera without a tripod. For the Iron Bowl this year I decided to ignore this and try shooting the camera handheld. I'm glad I did. I took the camera out during the game and the morning after and took spontaneous photos as I was walking around. Not only were they all sharp, I think I like how they look more than many of my tripod-composed photos.

When I got to this spot to take a photo, there was no one around, but when I took out my camera a lot of people started gathering behind me and taking photos also.

I walked up the municipal parking deck to see what the view was from there.

From the parking deck

Tailgaters during the game by the student center

Outside the stadium

The stadium during the fourth quarter

Tailgaters behind the baseball stadium

About 6:45am the next morning. I'm glad I got there early. I heard later in the day people couldn't find parking downtown it was so crowded.

It was like snow





Another handheld shot from a different roll and a longer lens. Yep, I think I'll do more handheld shots in medium format.

One of my uncle's horses

No comments:

Post a Comment