Monday, November 27, 2017

A day in Tallassee with Brownie Hawkeye

Recently I went to Tallassee with friends and we walked around the dam and the Civil War armory. I was kind of scared to enter the armory, as it was surrounded by fences and barbed wire, but my roommate just shoved aside a loose part of the chain link fence and walked in. Cars were going by and nobody seemed to care that we were there. I had my grandfather's Brownie Hawkeye camera and a roll of Portra 160 film.

Tallapoosa River just downstream of Thurlow Dam 
Armory ruins



Part of the armory complex

Mon ombre

Another part of the armory

This looked like some kind of meeting hall.

St. Vincent de Paul Parish, frequently photographed on the outside on this blog. This is the interior.

3 comments:

  1. I love this shot. I can never get everything I want in the picture when I visit churches. Did you put the camera on the floor? I love the sunlight and the whole altar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bottom shot, I should have specified.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, yes I put the camera on the floor as far back in the church as I could get and held it down tight. I always mess up when I hold cameras in my hands. The colors were even better in real life. The windows there are blue stained glass, so the church was blue except the altar which was bathed in gold.

      Delete