Thursday, May 5, 2016

May Ask

1: What eye color do you find sexiest? Dark blue, or golden brown.

2: White, milk, or dark chocolate mocha? I don't think I've ever had a mocha.

3: If you could get a Sharpie tattoo on your back, what would it be? I wouldn't get one.

4: Did you grow up in a small or big town? Did you like it? Small town. I liked it.

5: Your favorite adult as a child? (and not your parents, if they were your favorite)
My Aunt Dot. Spontaneous, outgoing, independent, intelligent, eccentric, fashionable, and the most refined old Southern accent. Everyone in my family still talks about her all the time.

6: What kind of smoothie sounds really good right now? Something with berries and not too sweet. Mmm.

7: Most embarrassing moment from your elementary school years?
I got in a fight with a friend and he hit my face with a broomstick. For a week or so afterward I had a large wound/scab on my cheek and under my nose that everyone asked about.

8: Most embarrassing moment from your middle school years?
One time I wore mismatching shoes to school.

9: Most embarrassing moment from your high school years?
Oddly, I can't remember anything embarrassing from high school.

10: Pirates or ninjas? Why?
Ninjas. Pirates are annoying, especially when they speak.

11: Have you ever climbed a tree more than twenty feet off the ground?
Yes. When I was in FOCUS, a student and I climbed to the top of a beech tree on campus for our discipleship meeting. A girl I knew passed underneath. "Emma, it's God!" I said, in a booming voice.

12: Did you like swinging as a child? Do you still get excited when you see a swing set?
I loved swinging. Nowadays I get pretty sick when I swing.

13: If you could have any pet in the world, illegal or not, what would you get?
I'm not a big pet person. I'd like a dog or a cat one day, maybe.

14: What's your most favorite part of your body?
My hands, or my beard.

15: What's your most favorite part of your personality?
I love to make people laugh.

16: Madonna or Lady Gaga? Neither? Both? Who cares?
Neither and who cares? OK, I'll admit I did like some of Madonna's songs.

17: Have you ever watched the Superbowl all the way through?
Not without deep pain and boredom.

18: Have you ever watched any major sporting event drunk?
No. Is that what makes it enjoyable? Maybe I've been missing out.

19: What's the most delicious food you've ever eaten in your life?
Honestly, I just love pasta. Whenever I go to a catered event, I'm only wondering if pasta is there. If it is, my heart leaps; if not, my heart sinks.

20: Margarine or butter? Which did you grow up with?
I grew up with margarine, but now the stuff kind of scares me. I like using real (especially European-style) butter now, which I think can be healthy if used sparingly.

21: Whole, skim, 1%, or 2% milk? (Did you know they make 1 1/2% milk?)
I used to drink skim milk. Now I drink whole milk, which I think is healthy if done sparingly (see answer to butter question above).

22: Which continents have you been on? North America, Europe, Australia.

23: Do you get motion sickness? Any horror stories? Yes. I never throw up. I just get headaches that last for the rest of the day.

24: Backpacks or satchels? Backpacks.

25: Would you wear a rainbow jacket? A neon yellow sweater? Checkered pants?
I might wear checkered pants. In sixth grade I had a bright rainbow Polo shirt that drew a lot of girls.

26: What was your favorite cartoon growing up?
X-men.

27: If you had to have a cow or a pig, which would you take? Why?
A cow. They smell better, can be milked, and make nice manure for the garden.

28: If you had to look at one city skyline for the rest of your life, which would it be?
I don't know. Rome, maybe?

29: Longest plane ride you've ever been on? Australia: 14 hours over the Pacific.

30: The latest you've ever slept?
Sometimes, when younger, I've gone to bed at 9am and woken up at 5pm.

31: Would you buy a sweater covered in kitten pictures? Would you wear it if someone gave it you for free? I've been looking for one of those. The guys at work would really appreciate it.

32: Do you pick at scabs?
Yes.

33: Favorite kind of bean? Kidney? Black? Pinto?
All three, but black especially. Beans are like pasta. I can eat them all the time.

34: How far can you throw a baseball?
Probably not far.

35: If you had to move to another country, where would you move?
England, most likely.

36: Have you ever eaten Ethiopian food? Vietnamese? Korean? Nepalese? How was it?
I've had Vietnamese and Korean food. With both cuisines I've had negative experiences (cold, slimy, gelatinous, unidentifiable objects) and positive (I love Korean barbecue!).

37: Small, liberal arts school or public university? Why?
I went to a public university. I like the idea of a small liberal arts school. I wonder, though, if it would feel like high school all over again.

38: A relationship with love or one with sex?
Hopefully no relationship has sex without love. As a celibate, my relationships center around love and my sexuality is primarily offered to God. If I were married, I'd want both.

39: Do you eat enough vegetables? I eat a lot, but maybe I should diversify more. I eat a lot of potatoes. I also have onions, spinach, carrot juice, corn, and beans about once or twice a week.

40: Do you like horror movies? How about thrillers?
I love horror movies, especially the psychological or supernatural sort. I don't care for blood and gore.

41: Would you scratch a crotch itch in public? I'd look both ways first.

42: Do you swear in front of your parents? I say some of the milder words in front of them. But I tend not to swear very much anyway except when I get angry.

43: Coolest thing you've ever been for Halloween? Pope Benedict XVI

44: If you could change your natural hair color, would you? To what?
I've always like red hair. My sister is strawberry blonde, and my brother who died apparently was also. I like the darker red hair, though. I've put henna in my hair before, which gives it a dark red look.

45: Do you want to get married? Have kids? Every human being has the vocation to marriage and to father or mother, and I desire it no less than anyone else. It will look differently for me, though.

46: Do you use a reusable water bottle? If not, you should.
Well, they answered it for me.

47: City or nature person?
Both. I like nature in short bursts, and return to the city/home at night.

48: Have you ever used something other than "makeup" as makeup? (Like paint? Markers?) No.

49: Can you walk well in high heels? Even if you're a guy? I've never tried as an adult, nor would I. When my sister and I used to play in my mom's closet, I tried them, but my feet were too small at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment