Friday, May 13, 2016

How things will end

Ever since I got a water-saving shower head, I've been less concerned about spending longer in the shower. I can spend 14 minutes in the shower and use the same amount of water as 5 minutes with a standard shower head. Yes, I know this defeats the purpose of the water-saving shower head.

This morning, I was drowsy and didn't want to get out of the shower. The hot water just felt so good. "All good things have to end," I though, half asleep. "All good things must end."

Then I snapped. "All good things must not end," I thought, in a flash of wakefulness. "Everything evil must end. Good shall endure. Good is the only thing that will endure."

"Endure, yes, endure," I thought, lingering longer in the hot water. Then I snapped awake again and turned off the water. "Good shall endure in eternity. In this life good things must end. They only prepare us for life in the next."

1 comment:

  1. I know I shouldn't be surprised... but your shower thoughts (and thoughts occurring any time before 10am) are so much deeper than mine!!!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete