Saturday, September 22, 2018

Diafine

Yesterday, after work, I walked around town with my Hasselblad camera. I was trying Kodak Tri-X film for the first time, an old black and white film that was used extensively by photojournalists in the past. It's good for street photography.

I had another goal in mind, too. I recently bought Diafine black and white film developer, and all the other supplies for developing film. When I got home from my walk, I closed all the doors in my hallway and stuffed the cracks with towels, and I had my first darkroom.

Loading the film on the reel in total dark was terrifying. I kept telling myself everything was okay and laughing about it. I was sure I was messing up the film, and it took me about 15 minutes of trying before I got it on the reel.

Then I mixed up the chemicals, followed the directions, and bam, I had developed film!

I went with Diafine because maintaining a precise time and temperature is not as important with it, although you have less control over how it develops the film.

Negative hanging to dry


Harpsichord


Through a wall at Foy Union

Amphitheater 

The Old Rotation

Tailgating

Sunset above the streets

Toomer's Corner

No comments:

Post a Comment