Saturday, September 23, 2017

Autumn Daffodil

I got my autumn daffodil (Sternbergia lutea) bulbs today. I'll pot them up and hopefully there'll be blooms next month! I also started some Corsican violet seeds. I'll try them this year instead of or in addition to my usual violas. The spider lilies are blooming all over the place, and withering quickly in this heat. I think the hurricane and the cooler weather made them bloom a few weeks earlier. It seems they normally bloom in the first part of October (I remember, once, when visiting home from Ball State on October 10, 2010, they were in bloom).


Rudbeckia triloba blooming on Auburn's campus

Lycoris radiata: ones I'm growing in pots

Lycoris radiata in the grass near my dad's house
Cosmos sulphureus
Sweet almond verbena (Aloysia virgata), a small shrub or woody perennial with white intensely fragrant flowers. I planted it at my mom's house but I cut a stem to take home and perfume my living room.

Sternbergia lutea bulbs. They're smaller than I remembered, but they're small plants generally. You can tell just by looking at the bulbs that they're closely related to true Narcissi.



No comments:

Post a Comment