Saturday, July 8, 2017

W i d e A n g l e

I saved up and finally bought a wide angle lens for my camera. A 24mm tilt/shift lens without autofocus, it's the most "manual" lens I've ever owned. You can't really use it well without a tripod. That said, based on the few photos I've taken so far, it's one of the sharpest lenses I've ever used. It has a learning curve, but I love it already.

My living room.
 After lunch I walked around Auburn University campus and took photos.
Comer Hall, housing the College of Agriculture, my alma mater.

Samford Hall, Auburn's most iconic building, now used for administration. A few years ago they cleared most of the shrubs and small trees off of the front lawn which, in spite of being a horticulturist, I loved. I don't like a lot of plants cluttered in front of buildings.

Langdon Hall, one of Auburn's older buildings with Greek Revival influence. Tradition says if you step on the seal in the pavement you won't get married.

24mm wasn't quite wide enough to get Hargis Hall and Samford Hall together. I'll step further back next time.

Samford Hall again, after the sun broke through the clouds.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm. That seal. That'll explain my vocation!

    With that lens, Samford Hall looks like something out of Harry Potter, the way it slightly bows outward.

    ReplyDelete