Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Family

My sister and brother-in-law have taken me into their home during the 12 days before I move in my new place. It is strange to live in with family after a number of years on my own. When with a family, we do things together and not merely on our own. With my roommates, I felt quite free to come and go and do as I pleased. Being in a family, and in somebody else's house, I have to say what my intentions are: when I plan to leave or come home, what meals we will have together, how we will divide and share things in common. I can't just go to my room and shut the door and be in my own world while others expect company. We have to communicate boundaries. Staying here makes me a more considerate and communal person. I would like to carry what I learn here into my future living plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment