Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Beard Gone

Beards are probably one of the weirdest things about the human body, at least of the visible parts. I shaved my beard today, which I had been growing since mid-October. I discovered last month how to trim it subtly with scissors, but it was still getting to be too much.

How bizarre are beard hairs? Mine, at least: they come in four colors: black, brown, red, and blond. They come in different types: straight, curly, and crinkled. It's as if all the hair types and colors in the world have found a home on my face. What they all have in common, though, is their coarseness. The straight ones are like boar bristles. The different types are not so noticeable at first; only when they grow long do I become aware of them. The crinkly hairs are the worst. They shoot out directly off my face in all directions. They're why I shaved.

No comments:

Post a Comment