Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Dividing Bulbs

Yesterday I spent some time after work dividing and repotting more bulbs. I started with our red spider lily:

Lycoris radiata var. radiata unpotted 
Lycoris radiata var. radiata with old potting mix removed



Lycoris radiata var. radiata bulbs gently divided.
These should bloom next month. Hopefully repotting them will not upset that. Though I've read late summer is the best time to do it.

My first generation daffodils, divided. These little guys are almost ten years old now. They've survived abandonment while I was in Indiana, and moved with me to Birmingham, and even spent a winter of neglect at my great-grandmother's house in the country. They keep growing and dividing.

Here are the same seedlings back in 2011

Today I got in my first shipment of new daffodil bulbs. I may pot the autumn-blooming ones after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment