Monday, May 7, 2018

Side D

This weekend has been crazy busy, and I'm almost out of my mind. My Dad got married, I was the wedding photographer, a large group of Italians spent the weekend with us for my roommate's graduation, and I signed a contract for a house. So, I just needed a few moments to process it all in silence. Yesterday, while the Italians left town to visit Columbus, I turned down the AC, took out my big comforter, and laid on the couch listening to a vinyl album I got on Thursday.

It's Sufjan's album "All Delighted People", which I already have on CD, but the vinyl album has a side D which isn't available on any digital format. It's a series of piano solos composed by Sufjan for Natalie Portman's film "Eve" (which I never heard of). They're beautiful and perfect for a quiet afternoon.

Luckily, someone ripped the vinyl and uploaded it on YouTube. The part from 11:00 to the end is my favorite.


I also got to do some gardening yesterday. I took cuttings of the roses at my mom's house. I'll want to grow them in my new yard as well.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on buying a house! I imagine you'll have lots of cuttings to take and bulbs to move this fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Br. Placidus! Yes, I'm looking forward to all the possibilities!

      Delete