Thursday, March 15, 2018

Pro 400H

Fujifilm Pro 400H is a new film I've tried. At first, it was frustrating for me. Magenta, green, and cyan are very strong. Colors are very pastel. It seemed like everything was muted or muddy. I wondered if I exposed it wrongly. I tried to err on the side of overexposure, but things looked underexposed. When I scanned them in, though, I found things I liked about it. It has a sensitive look; not quite what I was aiming for, but lovely in its own right.

Buckwheat tree

Buckwheat tree

Tulipa clusiana 'Lady Jane' in dappled sun

Tulipa clusiana 'Lady Jane' opening in morning light

Narcissus 'Bell Song', a pinkish Jonquilla daffodil

Bluets in the woods
It works nicely on people. I think I'll use it mostly for portraits in the future.

Lucy swinging

Lucy
And more shots:

Rosa chinensis 'Mutabilis', new foliage and first blooms of the year

Thurlow Dam in Tallassee, last Friday
There were more photos, but I didn't have time to scan them yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment