Thursday, May 18, 2017

Macon County in Green Field

I took some photos of landscapes around my office with a Hoya Green Field filter. Most lens filters like these are not necessary anymore because of photo editing software, but I always like to try things the old analog way. For film cameras, the Green Field filter is designed to enhance green colors without affecting other colors. The filter itself is a piece of pale green glass that screws on the end of the lens, in this case a Canon EF 50mm f/1.4.

One of my uncle's barns

The big creek
The back side of the big pond. It was about to rain here.
Fork in the road. The left road leads to the little creek and the right road leads to the big creek.
Overall, I found that using the filter made it harder to get a correct exposure. Perhaps the camera was confused by the color ratios, or perhaps it was user error/inexperience (more likely). Most of the photos I took had highlights that were blown out and shadows that were too dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment